Muncie Action Plan Community Meeting
A Muncie Action Plan Community Meeting has been set for November 30, 2010 6:30 pm, at the Minnetrista Center. Please plan on coming! See the Muncie Action Plan website for additional information about MAP and how you can get involved and make a difference
The plan’s first five priorities are:
- Creating an awareness-building coalition to promote the importance of early-childhood education, especially the importance of Muncie students being able to read well by the end of third grade. Former Ball State University Treasurer Tom Kinghorn is chairing that initiative.
- Developing a Council of Neighborhoods to represent Muncie neighborhoods. Dr. George Branam and Nilles are chairing that initiative. The Muncie Weed and Seed project is also working on that goal.
- Making Muncie a bike-friendly community. Marta Moody, director of the city-county plan commission, is chairing that effort.
- Continuing to pursue a cultural district designation from the Indiana Arts Commission and a cultural trail, a task chaired by Betty Brewer, president of Minnetrista. The cultural trail would link Minnetrista, Ball State and Heekin Park.
- Developing a city brand identity and marketing campaign, an initiative chaired by Roni Johnson, president of the Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County.